In the Garden of Dreams/En un Jardín de Sueños

In the Garden of Dreams/En un Jardín de Sueños
Take time to see the unseen/Tome tiempo para observar lo oculto

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Exorcise

......So I am supposed to be on my way to a healthier me. Apparently the current me is not so well. Yes I confess I could stand to loose a "few" pounds. The problem: I don't want to “stand” while doing it! Mine is not a world of the "Iron Man"; my world is more of the "Recycled Aluminum Gal". My motto for running: “Do it only when chased”.

So I started "running". Perhaps the term "running" here being stretched to its literary limits. Anyway I started my attempt at movement several weeks ago. However I had to stop; given the fact that I developed pneumonia. Now I am not saying that it was the running things fault; but it sure as hell didn't help! I mean it was 20 degrees out and I was sweating like a pudding at a picnic. Then I would come home and sit in front of the fan to "cool off". Perhaps not the most brilliant move? But hey at least I wasn't standing outside with any clothes on!...........Yes a little story………..
.......My mom (don't tell her I told you this) went to school with the nuns at an all girls school in Madrid, Spain. She hated it. So when she would come home on the weekends (during the cold season) she would take really cold showers. After the showers she would stand wet/naked by an open window! Much to her dismay however she said: “ Damn it! I never got sick!” Nuns will do that to ya!.........

So here I am the daughter of the "Bionic Chica" (unable to get sick while standing naked in front of a window during winter); getting sick while sitting (dressed) in front of a fan! I am a disgrace to the world of exercise. And to the all Bionic Chicas everywhere!

So now I have been home NOT running and getting flabbier by the minute. When your in your teens you can stop eating for a few hours and loose weight. When your in your forties you can stop eating for a few years and NOTHING. And when you’re in your 50’s, 60’s and 70’s you may as well face it: the lardage has won!

No comments:

Post a Comment