In the Garden of Dreams/En un Jardín de Sueños

In the Garden of Dreams/En un Jardín de Sueños
Take time to see the unseen/Tome tiempo para observar lo oculto

Sunday, December 27, 2009

BACK........

You know what I have discovered recently? That if you need glasses and your typing in the dark........a different language is created..........Did you know that?..So hello becomes gello; last week becomes "astr weel" "ans so on".......So yeah I will be getting glasses soon..... Speaking of glasses on of the characters in my book has glasses; made out of molasses.......More about that as my book develops......I am sure you are all on pins and needles...........ha ha


As newbie to this Blog business I was looking on the net to see who had the best blog ( I need all the help I can get lets face it) . So it turns out that this person named: Marc Andreesen has like THE best blog; so I go on to look for his blog....... And .....wait for it.....nothing was there. I get to his page and it would not come up on my screen?!......

The perfect metaphor for my life: I finally get somewhere and NO ONE is there. In the words of Gertrude Stein: "There is no there, there". So true so true. I don't know what that means to you but to me it means: "Be happy where you are". Simple to the point......

So I went out and made an impulse purchase today; you know the kind that is supposed to make you feel better?....Till you get home and look at your checking balance? Well it was good while it lasted; right? Though let's face it most of our purchases ARE impulses. Do you ever say to yourself as you leave the store: "All I came for was a can of tuna for my cat".......Ahhhhhhh the stores you gotta love them?....

Have you ever noticed that there are no clocks in the stores? Hmmmm? I can't imagine why that is?.......No one should care about the outside world while they are there.......This is the Disney World for you wallet......The Lost City of Gold........mainly your own..... And these stores know exactly where to place this stuff so you can't pass it up.
I saw this show once (so you know its true) that told you the why/where of all the store tricks. Basically if you want the "cheap" stuff/clothes (after the usual 2000% mark up); you gotta go to the back of the store. Think of this as your cardio for the day.......

If you are at a grocery store however all the rules change....The cheap groceries will not be at your eye level nor will they be in the back. The grocery stores know that were all too lazy/too much of a hurry/toot tall to bend over to look for stuff? There is a joke in there somewhere……..Stop it!
And of course all the “impulse” stuff (or all the stuff we end up leaving the store with)is found at eye level. Things like: "Grow Hair Fast kit", "Teach your Dog Math" you get the idea ..........

You'll like this. I have to confess that I can remember thinking (as a young teenage "fashionista" )while visiting the clothing stores : "Oh my gosh this store will so go under unless it stops selling things so cheap". True story.... I can also remember a man on TV feeding my fears by also saying: "At these prices were giving stuff away"....What can I say I was young.......

I also remember shopping at a store called the "ID"; though I don't believe any of us who shopped there; knew exactly what the "ID" meant. I just can't see teen age girls with big hair, tons of make up and Madonna like outfits saying to each other: "...So yeah Tiffany: “The Id is the unconscious by definition;In Freud's formulation: "It is the dark, inaccessible part of our personality”........
Sorry, I just don't see that as ever happening...........

So what does this all mean? I don’t know I just this write this stuff for your amusement. But I guess if it were up to me; I would just want a store called: "It's all in the Back". Then I know I am getting a deal!......Oh stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment